Are you suffering with muscle stiffness or tightness from too much activity? Do your muscles feel tight and knotty?
A deep tissue or sports massage with our registered osteopaths Sheena and Jay can help to restore pain-free movement. Sports massage is not just for people who play sports, the body’s soft tissues can become stiff and tight simply through repetitive daily activities such as prolonged computer use, driving or standing at work.
For £59 you will get
- A full review of your symptoms
- A 45 minute deep tissue massage
- Advice and, if needed, exercises to help the effects of the massage last as long as possible.
Our sports massages are delivered by registered osteopaths Sheena and Jay. Their excellent knowledge of anatomy and biomechanics, coupled with over 20 years experience in treating muscles mean that their massages really get to the area that is giving you trouble and get results.
If you are feeling the effects of a heavy training schedule or feeling ‘knotted up’ with stress then a deep tissue massage will help you feel more energised and like your old self.
WHAT IS SPORTS MASSAGE?
Sports, or deep tissue massage is individually tailored application of soft tissue massage and stretching techniques applied to muscle and soft tissues of the body to treat the stress, tension and fatigue that occurs through occupational, recreational or sporting activity.
Over time, through the body’s natural adaption to movement, the soft tissues of the body can become fibrous and ‘stuck’ to each other. This can mean that individual muscles can no longer perform their highly specialised function and may feel stiff and tight. The various techniques deployed in deep tissue massage can help break down these ‘stuck’ areas, making the muscles move more efficiently and feel much more fluid and easy to move.
HOW CAN SPORTS MASSAGE HELP?
The main reasons that our patients come to us for regular deep tissue massages are;
- tight and stiff shoulders and neck
- stiff lower back
- sore calves from over training
- tight hips and hamstrings
A sports massage treatment increases range of movement, flexibility and relieves muscle soreness and tension. It can also assist in injury prevention and promotes faster recovery from training, competition and injury.
WHY CHOOSE ALIGN BODY CLINIC FOR MASSAGE?
At Align our focus in on providing expert, up to date care to help you relieve pain and achieve the most active life possible. Here are just a few of the ways we do this;
- we support your recovery, tailoring your treatment to your goals and a pace that works for you
- we believe that there is a difference between hard and deep massage. We will work to the depth necessary to get results but always keep your comfort as our focus.
- our team of friendly, experienced osteopaths are available when you need us
- we offer a new patient 45 min deep tissue / sports massage for just £59 to help start your recovery
- we are continually researching new methods of treatment and where appropriate adapting our practices
- we can provide treatment quickly and offer an easy online booking system so you can arrange the help you need when it suits you
Book a 45 min deep tissue / sports massage for just £59 to help start your recovery by using our easy online booking system or by calling 01225 571084.
“I wish I’d found Sheena years ago! Despite a long history of back problems, I’m feeling so much better after just one session. Friendly and professional, she put me instantly at ease, and took the time to understand my history and explain each step of the treatment. Would definitely recommend!” Vicky Lee from Bath