Are you in pain when you run, or for days afterwards? Perhaps an injury has stopped you running altogether or stopped you competing at the level you once did. At Align Body Clinic we understand that all injured runners have the same goal – to get back to running!
To help get you back on the road our expert osteopath Jay Ruddock offers specialist running injury treatment appointments.
At your initial consultation you will get;
- A detailed history of your symptoms
- A detailed analysis of your current training programme and it’s relevance to your injury
- A full biomechanical assessment specific to runners including strength and endurance testing of major muscle groups used for running.
- An explanation of what is causing the injury and how to resolve it.
- A treatment programme tailored to your specific goal.
- Hands-on treatment to help relieve symptoms on the day.
- Carefully prescribed strength and flexibility exercises to reduce your symptoms and improve performance.
- Advice and guidance on how to safely return to running while you recover.
Once we have produced a plan on how to help you achieve your goals then we schedule treatments at agreed intervals to help ensure that you are meeting your running targets.
Patients come to our running injury clinic for all sorts of reasons ranging from a one-off injury, to persistent pain, or advice to prevent such running injuries. However, some of the most common problems we see are:
- Shin Splints
- Pain or injury in the foot, heel, ankle, calf, knee or hip.
- Runners knee recovery
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Muscle strains
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
To find out more about types of running injuries, take a look at our guide to running injuries.
WHY CHOOSE ALIGN BODY CLINIC?
At Align our focus in on providing expert, up to date care to help you relieve pain and achieve the most active life possible. Here are just a few of the ways we do this;
- we support your recovery, tailoring your treatment to your goals and a pace that works for you
- we combine exercise and hands on treatment giving you control over your recovery
- we have a running injury specialist as part of our team of qualified osteopaths
- our treatment is clinically based, practical and delivers tangible results
- we are continually researching new methods of treatment and where appropriate adapting our practices
- we have a suite of exercise resources and advice sheets which you can easily download and use from home.
Jay Ruddock is our running injury expert osteopath. He has been helping people get rid of injury and back on the road whether they want to run for exercise or they want to push the limits of their endurance in long distance challenges.
His experience is that nearly everyone can achieve their running goals as long as they have the correct advice and training plan in place, and that addressing areas that could be improved in people’s running style, their muscular strength and endurance, and their training habits can result in dramatically improved performance.
Jay is a keen runner himself and has developed his treatments as a result of solving his own running injury problems, leading him to complete events including several mountain marathons, off road ultra-marathons, and the inaugural 50 mile Ultra Trail Wales.
Still not sure? Don’t take our word for it, read some of the feedback from patients about how we have made a difference to their lives here. We have also created a range of symptom guides if you are suffering from running injuries, back pain, leg pain and more. Read our guides to help discover your first steps towards getting help.
Book a Running Injury Consultation for £72 now by using our easy online booking system or by calling 01225 571084.
“I went to see Jay to get help with persistent knee pain. The assessment and treatment were superb and after four sessions (and a lot of homework exercises!) I’m running pain-free again, and have gone on to run ultras of 50 and 100 miles. Highly recommended.” James Rutherford, Bath